Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Beach Buzz

Living near the equator has many benefits. Here are few:
 -The sun rises and sets at about the same time every day. For a person who appreciates routine, I like knowing when the sun will rise and set. We don't have to deal with daylight savings because... well we just don't, which is another perk of living here.
-It's summer all year round. This can become difficult and confusing when friends in America are posting photos of snow, Starbucks holiday flavors, and scarves.
-Because it's hot all year round, we can go to the most beautiful beaches in the entire world anytime.

I say that, and honestly, the last time Josh and I went to the beach may have been at least a year and half ago. We finally got to a point where we could make it through the day without having to pump 5 bazillion times, and she could eat a variety of solid foods. We decided that it would be best if went to a beach we could drive to, so we have the option to leave whenever we wanted- baby melts down, parents melt down...

Some sweet friends joined us for the day. It turned out to be a very busy day at the beach. Many people had the same brilliant idea that we did! So there was a crowd for much of the day. I hope the photos will tell the story better than I can.

First time touching sand

We blinked, and she ate it.
 
First time in the ocean

A little afraid of the waves

During the day she ate a TON of sand.
 


Made some new friends

 
 
Sweet friends

Lying in a hammock. She probably would have slept, but we wanted the
nap to happen in the car.
 
Fan club. After the 100th photo I have a hard time staying
polite, so I walk away.
Kate ate a massive amount of sand. There's just no way to keep her from shoving it in her mouth, especially when there is so much of it around. Many people would make comments before our beach trip of the type of poo she would have afterwards. In their mind perhaps that was funny, but in my mind I wanted to do everything possible to avoid this horrific poos that were going to happen. After experiencing the post-beach poo, I want to go back! Post-beach poos are so easy to clean up.

I know maybe this isn't the place to talk about such things, but I just want to remind myself that often times what other say that spark fear or anxiety in me turn out to be small, small things with no reason for worry.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik