Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Focus.

One thing I love about this time of year is focusing on Advent. Advent means "the arrival of a notable person, thing, or event." It is so easy to get distracted with routine to forget about the importance of what Christmas is really all about.

I felt that a theme the Lord was trying to teach me through many different things was to focus. Random things like the exercise videos I've been following. The series is called "Focus T25". In the middle of a session the leader says, " Think about it. When you slow down it forces you to focus." I have been revisiting that statement since I heard it in week 1, now 3 weeks later.

Another random thing: the road to the school has construction happening on it. Half the road is blocked off with signs posted that say "Pelan x2" which literally means "Slow Slow" which means "Slow Down" or "Proceed with Caution". This double warning, the times 2 part, made me think of the importance of the words. Slow down.


Then randomly at church, the speaker shared a challenge to slow down, connect less to email and social media and refocus.

Advent has helped us to build the anticipation of the arrival of a baby boy, who is the King of King and Lord of Lords, named Jesus. All these reminders have helped me to slow down and focus on the true reason to celebrate Christmas- the birth of Jesus.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik