Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Chronicles in Washington

When we start looking at the weekends left in Washington, we notice how fast our time here has been! We are grateful for opportunities to meet with you and say thank you! Thank you for your prayers, your support, your encouragement, your hugs, your food, and your sweet words. I haven't been able to find the words to express how crucial YOU are to this journey we are on, but trust me, friend, you are.

We had the chance to update at a missions committee meeting about we have been up to in Papua. The island is the most beautiful when the sun is shining. The meeting was held at a beach house. We didn't know this, but friends who we work with in Indonesia were sharing at the same meeting! It is SO fun to meet with people that we work with overseas in America- talk about worlds colliding.

A couple days later we were invited to share at the "Chapel-ites Ice Cream Social". I joked that people think the reason we come to Washington first on our furloughs is to avoid the intense heat in Texas during the summers, but I'm beginning to think the REAL reason may be so we can join in this fun time of music, ice cream, and testimonies of others that serve overseas. It was one of the first times I was able to express my gratitude to those that came alongside us and prayed for our sweet baby girl. It was an emotional time for me, but for those that know me that is no surprise! :)


On Thursday Josh's parents celebrated their anniversary. We joined them for a nice lunch and ran some errands around town. The highlight of the day was the trip for ice cream. (If you are beginning to see a pattern in this post... it's true. I have been eating a TON of ice cream since we've been home.) This place is a town called Conway. They have a local produce stand but also sell some of the best ice cream I've ever had! They have a variety of flavors, and best of all they LOAD up your cone. You have no regrets while you're eating, and when you're finished the thought "maybe I over did it" crosses your mind, only to return about 30 minutes later confirming that "YES, I definitely over did it!" 




More adventures are sure to come.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik