Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Jet-Lag and Good News!

Less than a week ago we started the journey back home. I wanted to quickly update you about our trip, because I know so many of you prayed for us.

Here are some "God-Things" that happened:
- We had overweight luggage domestically in Indonesia but were not charged overweight.
- We had two roller bags as carry-ons, were the last ones on the plane, and had storage space for both bags right above our heads!
- Enjoyed a hamburger and a movie in Jakarta.
- Met some friends who helped us settle during our time in language school at the hotel in Jakarta. We were able to catch up during the free shuttle back to the airport.
- Comfortable flights! First flight from Jakarta to Taipei- aisle seat. Second flight from Taipei to Seattle- bulkhead,  legs stretched out, bathroom located on the other side of the wall :)
- Seeing and meeting (new and old) family in Washington
- Sonogram appointment on Monday


I'll pick up the narrative from here. Despite jet-lag I woke up early on Monday morning, anxious about the upcoming appointment to see our Little Girl. I continually prayed that God would heal her, open up the ventricles, and allow all fluid to flow freely through her little body. It was so weird to see this body moving on the screen and feeling it at the same time! The technician wasn't able to legally answer many, if any, of our questions. She just said a radiology report would be sent to the doctor's office. We left not knowing anything. That afternoon we were wandering around Wal-Mart and got a phone call. The call was from the doctor's office. The doctor asked if I had a sonogram that morning. He went on to say that the results were in and that even though I should follow up with my doctor on Thursday, the office thought I would want to know that all the results were CLEAR! (Of course we wanted to hear that!!) There were no signs of fluid on the brain! I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the Lord's healing hand that I started crying right there in the chip aisle at Wal-Mart!  Today we had our follow up appointment with the doctor just to read through the results together. Everything looked great!

We wanted to let you know about the results because you have been going on this journey with us! Thank you for your prayers and your words of encouragement.


4 comments:

Anna said...

Yay!!!!! Praise God. I am so very glad to hear this! Woohoo! God is awesome! Love you guys, Chris and Anna :)

poetsmom said...

our God is good our God is faithful and our God is able our God is still on the throne

Anna said...

Yay!!!!! Praise God. I am so very glad to hear this! Woohoo! God is awesome! Love you guys, Chris and Anna :)

mrsthurin said...

Praise the Lord!!! I am so happy to hear the great news. Sean and I will continue to lift you up in prayer. God bless you :)

 
Images by Freepik