Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Catch-Up

It's hard to believe that we've been stateside for two weeks.

We've enjoyed seeing family and friends.

We were surprised at MATA with a sweet baby shower with wonderful gifts for our Little Girl.



The Lord has blessed our time in Washington with AMAZING weather! We've spent a few afternoons at the beach. Let me define beach: rocks and cold water. :)

On this clear day we could see clear to Mt. Baker

I actually got sunburnt. That's a first for me in Washington!
 We've enjoyed eating and drinking those things we have missed.
Josh grilled this salmon on cedar wood. He ate this piece by himself!
I've been eating sandwiches and drinking sweet tea and dr. pepper... which may explain the following part!
We've also had a few visits to the doctor's office. After a clear sonogram (thank you, Lord!) we have been back and forth for the glucose test which checks for gestational diabetes. You have to drink a concentrated sugary drink and have blood drawn an hour later. The results were in a week later, and my levels were a bit higher than they were looking for. So today, as I type, I'm in the midst of my re-test. This test involves a pre-sugary drink poke,  a higher concentrate of sugary drink (image the juice from a melted orange pop-ice, now multiply times 5), and three post-sugary drink pokes every hour. I'm about to return for my second post-poke.

We're hoping to capture more images from our time home, but so far we're enjoying seeing the faces and eating the foods we've missed.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik