Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Decade in Review

Here is my decade in review. The people I've met along the way, the places I've seen, and the cultures I've experienced over this past decade have forever made an impression on the development of who I am right now! Enjoy the journey, I know I did.
 
 **If you didn't make the photos PLEASE do not think for a moment that I am not talking about you and your fingerprint on my life! Narrowing down photos from a span of 10 years was very hard, and TRUST ME when I say you are indeed special to me!**
 
Alaska to disciple teens
 
A "graceful" landing at a college event

Ok be honest, who nails a jumping photo on the first try??

Beginning the journey of being an educator- parties included!

Life changing trip to Israel- the first (and not the only) time I was laughed at for TRYING to speak a new language.

Investing in young Israelis

Exploring Israel with a mentor from my home church
 
Graduation Day- stepping into the unknown
 
Graduating Classmates who have served in many homes and classrooms around the world.
 
Meeting Josh Harrington at our Wycliffe Orientation and forever changing my life. Love you!

Pikes Place Market- you know, where they throw the fish.

Road trips to meet family and friends
 
Dipping my foot in the Pacific for the first time

He asked, and I said yes! Well actually I said, "Are you serious?!!"

Engaged

More Wycliffe Training- yes, it did include how to build a giant snowman :)

Training included an off-road driving course- trust me, when they say SLOW they mean S L O W.
 
Wedding Day- June 23, 2007

Sweet memories of putting his ring on the wrong hand. I tried to turn away from the crowd and turned into the camera! My favorite shot of the most beautiful day of the decade. I love the smiles and laughter.
 
HUGE move to Indonesia. YES, we're THOSE people who brought pillows and slept in airports.
 
Orientation in Jakarta-" how to ride a bus and take a photo while everyone is looking at you"

Investing in young 'uns in Bandung during celebrations
 
First teaching gig at Hillcrest International School. These students are currently 10th graders, and it BLOWS my mind!

The first of MANY incredible days at the beach in Papua
 
First trip to Hawaii on our first furlough

First trip to an interior village in Papua- Bias
 
First Child! Coming November 2013

We're increasing our luggage allowance for the first time!


Josh and Amber (at 31 weeks)
Just putting captions on there reminds me once again how
incredibly,
overwhelmingly,
and undeservingly
blessed I am.  
 
This decade has been indescribable, and photos will never express the amount of glory the Lord is due for His protection and constant provision throughout these past 10 years.  I wonder what HE has in store for me this upcoming decade.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik