Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Groggy Sundays

After a long Sunday afternoon nap which resulted in a state of "groggy-ness or grogginess", I am going to attempt to recap some of this weekend.

Before this, let me tell you a story of our life. While we were in language school, we received news that my lil' grandma found out that she had cancer. There are very few moments when you realize how far away from home you REALLY are, but this was one for me (the other was Thanksgiving). We spread the news around and loads of friends and churches were praying for her. She started the radiation treatment, hoping it would shrink the cancer on her lung, making it easier for her to breathe. She had an appointment with a chemo doctor this past week. They ran some tests, and the results were totally a God-thing! No cancer on the lung! The cancer that was in her throat- so small, not even felt by the hand! This means no need for chemo!! Are we happy? Yes, we are. Am I praising the Lord? Yes, I am. Do I know we should be here? Yes, I do!

That very day I got word that one of my bff's from college was waaaaaaay sick. This might not be a big deal, but she lives in a different third world country. Let me tell you, we often pray for health living here. If something goes wrong, we pray that God can heal it, because it is scary going to a hospital here or any other third world country. She went, because she had to have surgery. She had accute apendicitice (hard word to spell, not sure if it's right, still groggy). We're keeping updated with her status through facebook (Thanks facebook!) So, we continue to pray for God's goodness to shine through into her life. She's had loads stories, sure there's more to come in her short time left there. Love you... you know who you are. :)

Friday I spent in Abe- no not Abe like Abe Lincoln, but like this "Ahh-bay", shopping with three other gals. Sometimes the better deals are this city, but now thanks to "the mall" there are more options here in Sentani. It was a good trip of getting to know these ladies, and buying dishes. Yes, I bought dishes. Woah. That's a grown-up moment in my life. They match too. Cute dishes, red mugs, bright colored mixing bowls, a serving dish, and a casserole dish- all around $30-$40 USD.

Saturday we hit our favorite spot- the beach. We went with three other families on a taxi boat. One of the most amazing things that we have done since we moved here, we did yesterday. We snorkled. Now you might be thinking," Snorkling? Hmmm, you can do that here too. It might be just as amazing." Well.... I don't know about that. There were no prime snorkling spots in the DFW area. Our friends let us borrow some of their gear. We saw A M A Z I N G things that most people in the world will never know exists. We met the cast and family members of the film "Finding Nemo", and they were in their natural habitat.

The whole time when my face was underwater, when I wasn't focusing on breathing through the tube, I was admiring how creative God is. Everything under the water was doing EXACTLY what God created it to do! The fish were swimming in their schools, the coral was hiding the sea urchents, the starfish were displaying their bright colors of blue to the best of their ability- not for me to see, but to give glory to the One who created him! The seaweed was swaying with the pull of the undertow and current like it was praising the Lord with a song of praise! We were there. We saw creation praising their Creator! Everyday He receives praise from dogs chasing their tails, from trees losing their leaves just to get even more beautiful ones back the next spring, from birds soaring on the jetstreams that we don't even know exist, and from the many clumps of stars, universes, and black holes- He gets the glory! All of it- it's all His! Neat. It was like when my face was underwater, I heard a loud music and voices praising God. When I pulled my head out- nothing. Head in- Music, Head out- nothing! Head in was much better.

God receives the most glory, when His creation does what they were created to do. What are you created to do? How are you bringing God the MAXIMUM amount of glory in your life? We pray the with clarity you can see what it is that God created you to do, and that you would do it! It's one thing to know and do it. It's another thing to know and life's circumstances or comfort to hold you back from really EXPERIENCING life. Not just drudging through life with a routine lacking joy. I'm on the search for the kind of life that glorifies God in EVERY action, thought, word, deed- everything.

So after this long, exciting weekend we are resting. Groggy Sundays are ok with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks friend! I am SO HAPPY to hear about your grandma! That is awesome! He is good! I've learned a lot the past week. And I will be writing soon with stories. :)

I love snorkeling! It's amazing! My dad got me my own snorkeling set for Christmas last year. Too bad there aren't any good areas around DFW.

Love ya!

 
Images by Freepik