Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Why I Cry.

Since pregnancy SO many things make me cry.

Here's a VERY short list of the many things that I can remember crying at recently:
- People doing kind things for others around them.
- Sharing with others about how their prayers and concern for Baby Girl impacted me personally.
- The trailer to the movie "Planes" about the Momma Bear and her cubs surviving in the wilderness... honestly, I think I would cry even if I wasn't pregnant. They paired it with a great song, and well... I just want them to survive the winter!
- Trying to go too long without eating something. It's a mess, and I promise you don't want to be around when that happens!

But yesterday was a totally different reason for me crying. We had an appointment with our doctor in Texas. Previous visits to the doctors in both Washington and Texas have tests suggesting that I'm borderline for Gestational Diabetes. I was asked to carry a glucometer and test my sugar levels at various points throughout the day for a week. My diet had to be adjusted- no more Dr. Pepper or Sweet Tea. I cried when "we" (this means Josh) got rid of the sugary drinks. The first day of testing I flat out rebelled and ate at Waffle House and tested that number. After I got that out of my system, I have been more aware of what foods I eat. At yesterday's appointment, the doctor said my numbers looked okay but she still would like one more week of testing. I had "some" (by some I mean a TON... or it felt like a ton) blood drawn for more tests that hadn't been done yet.

The doctor also expressed that the measurement of my baby bump wasn't matching how far along I was, which could suggest the baby isn't growing properly. So another ultrasound was scheduled at that moment. We started chit-chatting with the technician who flat out asked us if we were overseas Christian workers. Ummmmm.... is it okay to talk about this in public?? In a doctor's office?? YES... at least in Texas it is :)

Josh and I love sneaking a peek at our little girl. We had not shared anything specific about our journey with the technician. She got to the brain, and we asked about the size of the ventricles. She said," They are at a size 7 cm. A normal, healthy baby measures between 5 and 7cm." I started crying! We filled her in briefly about the initial size of the ventricles in Indonesia, Singapore, and then in Washington. She just stopped, looked at me, and said," Did y'all have a lot of people praying?" I blubbered," Yes! So many people!" We all agreed that the Lord healed our baby! It was absolutely wonderful to hear that Baby Girl is measuring well. She's not small! She's right on track weighing in at about 5 lbs 4 oz. The technician said she has hair growing on her head. It was such a relief to be told (again) your baby is healthy.

So, yeah, I cry at random, insignificant things but also at the Lord's goodness to me because I don't deserve it one bit.

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik