Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Dusting Off the Keyboard

Wow it's been a while since I last posted. I'm going to confess the reason why, so I can stop carrying around the load of guilt that I'm not doing enough to communicate with you about life in Papua. In March I enrolled in an online Master's Program through the University of Texas at Arlington. The degree is in Curriculum and Instruction in Mathematics. The program lasts about a year and a half. I take one class at a time. Each class lasts five weeks. So for five weeks I study during nap times and after bedtimes (both Kate's and Josh's). It's hard work, but I have an incredibly supportive husband and baby. Kate some how knows when Momma needs extra time to work on an assignment and the Lord blesses her (and me) with a longer nap time. My prayer for this course has been that any time I have to work on assignments or readings things would get done, even if it's only something small- that all my time would be productive. This program has also helped in my transition from being in the classroom to being at home. I catch myself dreaming of the day when I'll have this "free time" after I've finished the course. I've just finished a class and am 1/3 of the way through the program!

So, there, it's been said. Now when I don't post for a month we all know why, and I will give myself permission to be free of guilt! :)

In saying that I'm going to try to make it up to you by posting a few things over the following week to fill you in on what's been happening here this past month! :)

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik