Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Projects

Each summer I set goals that I'd like to see completed before school begins. Last summer we were in the States, so my goal was simple- eat all the foods I've missed and visit with all the faces I've missed. Mission accomplished!

This summer my goals were: try new recipes, make a simple sewing project, and be active (due to being so successful with my goals while we were in America- just kidding.) Josh had some summer projects to do around the house too. His goal was to paint downstairs. Mission accomplished!

The first full month of summer I left the house a total of maybe five times- some by choice and others because there was some tension in town and it was recommended that we stay close to home. It was so refreshing! When we returned in January we returned to our roles as teacher and pilot/mechanic within a week. That was crazy and made me feel like I was barely keeping things together. So I welcomed summer with arms wide open!

Here are some photos of our successful summer projects.


the first cut


sewing the main section 

 A somewhat straight line

Completion! Thanks for finishing it, Elaine!

Notice the wet spots on the front wall? The paint was originally put on before the cement was dry. Any time the weather was rainy the walls would weep just like this. Entire sections of the wall would look depressing and wet. Adding a fresh coat of good paint took away our sad walls!  

 This is view is facing the front door. Originally there was a window in that large square. We had it removed, so air could flow more easily throughout the house. The front room is painted a natural wicker color, so it's a mix of grey and white. 

This is a view from the kitchen looking toward the back of the house. The back room is now a pretty yellowish color. It adds so much cheer to our house! We used the pillars to help break up the colors. 

Here is a view from the corner of the front room. Through the holes you can see color. I like the illusion of an accent wall. Josh painted both the front and the back room in just a couple days. It looks wonderful! No more weepy walls for us!


You should come visit, so you can see it up close :) We have a guest room that'll be ready for you.  

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik