Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"People Watching" or "Profiling "

Have you ever seen people that you just want to know more about? Sometimes I'll catch myself making up stories about people and their lives just to feel some sort of connection with them. It's weird I know but it makes travelling way more fun.

So we're staying in our hotel, and I notice a lady wearing an "Atlanta" shirt. I think,"Wow, I've been there. Wonder if she's been there?" The guy with her was tall with lots of bracelets on both wrists. Tan with a ballcap on.

Next day, I see the same couple at breakfast. He is wearing a Texas A&M hat. Now I'm starting to wonder (and make up stories) about their life. Are they from the States? Maybe from the South? Definately in the know about some BIG college teams down south. So at breakfast I drag Josh into my "game". We talk about why they might be in Malaysia and where they're from.

After making some predictions:

**Josh's Prediction**
They are from Europe, spent some time in the States, and are here on vacation.

**Amber's Prediction**
They are from the States, maybe he works as a youth minister (because all my old youth minister's were from the South), and here on vacation.

Soooo I wanted to know. Who are these people- that I don't know, but I might want to know, because we might be great friends... so I asked. Yes, I did. I went straight up to their table (which was next to the coffee, so if I needed to abort missions I could rendezvous at the coffee) I asked where they were from because I noticed his A&M hat.

**Reality**
Australian? (Didn't see that coming!)
Vacationing. (Points for both of us)
Travelled to the States. (One Point for Josh)
He works for the government.
She works in telemarketing.

So ironically my husband's predictions were closer than mine were. I think he's learning from me how to read people, or atleast make up entertaining stories about their lives.

Today we had breakfast together, and the husband of the couple was wearing a Dallas Mavs hat. Atleast he has good taste. It's been fun eating getting to know them.

This is our vacation.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

that is so random...hope you are having a relaxing vacation.

Sarah LeighAnn said...

Fun! :P

 
Images by Freepik