Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Thoughts of 2016

I am always amazed at how many different emotions with great extremes and depths an individual can experience at one time. It's possible that pregnant women can relate more to the toddlers in their lives than at any other time in history because both are experiencing big emotions.

As I reflect on the past year while looking through photos I am reminded first of God's complete faithfulness to my family during some really great highs and some really low lows. The year began with a pregnancy and it ended with a pregnancy. It feels strange looking back and thinking I've been pregnant twice in one year. I'm grateful, but I can't help but grieve with those who long for pregnancies but for various reasons that longing has not yet been fulfilled. My story is different. I know what the devastation of one loss feels like. I only understand in part and can never fully understand the depth of loss of those who have experienced multiple losses, those who try and try and are still waiting, or those families who have precious memories of holding their little ones. I whisper thanks for each kick or movement. I'm treasuring up in my heart the moments Kate kisses her sister in my tummy. We are a family of 5, although you may only see 4 of us in front of you. 

This past year we traveled across the globe experiencing new places and adventures together as a family. We spent a few days in an interior village in Papua, explored Melbourne, Australia, and traversed through Washington state along the Pacific coast, through the Redwoods to the Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest all the way to the great state of Texas. We've seen oceans, trees, mountains, plains, deserts, and people that reflect the hand of a unique Creator. Humans try to recreate nature, but the Creator *speaks* them into existence. 

So while 2016 was a roller-coaster of a year, my heart echoes thanksgiving heading into 2017. 
Here's why: 






No comments:

 
Images by Freepik