Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Furlough in a Flash- Sports Addition


It seems as though the rest of the world LOVES soccer. I do, too. I'll just say you've never really experienced the World Cup (save for actually being there) until you've watched some games in the middle of the night with a group of neighbors who are placing bets on who will win. In America, however, the focus is more on the sport that is currently in season. Josh and I have gone to a baseball game and watched hours of pre-season football games.

Here's my version of what we're doing: We're watching the Rangers play in Seattle.
Here's Josh's version of what's happening here: We're watching the Mariners play the Rangers.

See the difference? I'll just add that the Rangers swept the series. :)





It was a bit strange at first being the ONLY fan anywhere around you. You can't contain a Texan's fan for their hometeam. So, as you can tell by the scoreboard, I was a little loud :)

While in Texas, I made it to a Rangers game there. It was the closest I've ever sat to homeplate! It was SO cool. I was even able to spy Nolan Ryan from my seat. My friend, Kelli, helped me make a sign that said "We came all the way from Indonesia to see the Rangers". It was probably the BEST sign I have ever seen make it's way into the ballpark. Seriously. The camera crew either didn't spot my sign (impossible, because I held it up faithfully until my arms would fall off) or they... I'm just going to believe they didn't see it. Sure, there were alot of people there, but not that many amazing signs. Sadly, I don't have a photo of the most amazing sign ever. I'll ask my friend, she might have one. Not only was this the best view I've ever had, it was one of the best games I had seen in a while. They were behind the majority of the game, tied it up in the 9th inning, walked away with the win in the 13th inning, and finished the night with a firework show.





:)

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik