Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I’m thankful that Josh and I are here in Indonesia together. It would be really challenging to live here alone. I’m thankful that God has put us together to experience the adventures of this live with one another. Fifty years from now, we’ll be talking about that time we were in language school.

I’m thankful for my parents. It would be really hard to accept the fact that your only child has decided to pack up and move to another country that is FAR away from home. I’m so thankful that God has continually protected them from worry and that has given them ability to accept that we live here. They were really supportive of all the travelling and random summer jobs that had a point for advancing Kingdom work.

I’m thankful for Josh’s family. They are such an encouragement to us. Again I’m thankful for God and the peace that He gives to our families while we are far from home. I’m especially thankful for the cookies that you send us! They are literally a taste from home.

I’m thankful for both old and new friends. You have been there for me through some crazy times. I think God gives us friends, because He knows we need other people. As much as we can try to be independent, we are very dependent on one another. We need each other. Indonesians understand this. Our neighbors know that they need each other. We face difficult times together, we rejoice with one another. We carry each other’s burdens. Friends are a blessing from the Lord.

I have never been so thankful for health as I am this year. Moving to a new country that has tropical diseases that are passed through mosquitoes and where every tummy ache with fever can be something serious is something that can really wear you out. Praise the Lord that we have had mostly good health. We have had a few days where we had to stay in bed because of upset tummies; nothing serious though.

Even as I write this, I’m reminded of God and His faithfulness. Being so far from family during the holidays for the first time is a sad thing for me. He is my Heavenly Father and will never leave me or forsake me. He reunited us through His Son’s death on a Cross. He is good and never changes. I’m so thankful that He NEVER changes. He is my firm foundation. One day every nation will bow willingly at His feet to worship Him for who He is. He is altogether beautiful and lovely. For that I am truly thankful.


Happy Thanksgiving! We miss you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you! And that I will get to see you soon!! Let's hope that situation at the BKK airport clears up so there won't be any complications though!! I love your new blog background!

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for phone calls from far, far away that give encouragement and love. My mom loved the scriptures you sent via text message. Words cannot express to you how much it meant to hear your voice. It made my heart smile during a very sad time. Thank you and I love you both.

KK

gramsuzy said...

I AM THANKFUL TO HAVE YOU IN MY FAMILY..I AM THANKFUL THAT YOU CAN HAVE THIS EXPERENCE AND THAT THE LORD KEEPS YOU SAFE..I AM THANKFUL THAT YOUR MOM IS ABLE TO HEAR YOUR VOICE AND I AM ABLE TO SEE HOW YOU ARE GETTING ALONG IN YOUR BLOG
LOVE AUNT SUE

 
Images by Freepik